INTRODUCTION AND INTERPRETATION
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may collect and store the following personal information about you: name, email address, physical contact information; transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as buying, selling and content you generate or that relates to your account); community discussions, chats, feedback, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us; other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, IP address and standard web log information; and additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list).
We may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to us to register on the Site or receive email alerts or other communications from us;
any data that you provide to the Website; and
(c) any other data which you provide to us when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
To access certain parts of the Site, we may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself. When you register, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form and you agree to maintain and update the such data as necessary.
STORAGE AND USE
8. We will keep your personal information on a secure server. The technology that we use and the security policies which we have implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
10. We may combine your personal information with information on other users and information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise our services, content and advertising.
11. If you are a Buyer or Seller working together on a Project, we shall disclose your personal information to each other. We shall also email you to remind you of your obligations on completion of a Project, including your obligation for 12 months following acceptance of a winning Response, to pay a sum equal to 15% of the fees paid to the Seller for any additional services.
12. We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements (including under the Data Protection Act 1998) or protect a third party’s rights, property, or safety or to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents that we may appoint to perform functions on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions.
13. We may also use your personal information to send you email or postal communications regarding products or services offered by us or by third parties we think may interest you. We do not share, sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties for unknown reasons. You may at any time choose not to receive promotional emails from us by contacting us here or by updating your profile on the Site.
14. If you register on the Site as a Seller, you will automatically receive weekly emails detailing the latest jobs available. If for any reason you wish to unsubscribe from these emails you can do so by contacting us here or from the Update Profile section of the Site.
16. Cookies we store relate to your account (username, email, first name etc) and a little one called "Cookie Monster" which lets us show you that message that we actually store cookeis just the one time. They're pretty useful actually.
--------Last updated 9th August 2015